Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tracy Reese NYC

My dream is to own a store someday. I would love to own a retail store specializing in interior design and clothing. I love the interior of this Tracy Reese store in New York. Another reason I need to go back soon! My store would be beautiful like this one.

"Her store is an airy ballroom of a place, the walls painted bright coral pink and embellished with gold scrolls that put me in mind of the beautiful abstract work of the painter Philip Taaffe. Enormous dressing rooms are concealed by thick silk-embroidered Chinese panels. Crystal chandeliers hang over a Jetsons-like seating . The store is saturated in great baths of color and splinters of light; it is shopping as interior decoration. ATMOSPHERE: The 2,200 square feet area of oak flooring and angled walls make an architecturally streamlined shop; bright pink walls and vibrant silk curtains make it feel like the kind of place a 1960's girl group would feel comfortable performing in. Which makes sense, considering the architect's name is Ronnette Riley." By ALEX KUCZYNSKI

641 Hudson Street (near Horatio Street); (212) 807-0505


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails